- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
Suggested Side Salad Options
- Fresh greens of choice
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red cabbage
- In a blender, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients as listed. Bend until completely smooth. Taste, and add additional salt if the dressing doesn’t make your eyes light up. If it’s too sour (it should have some zing to it), blend in a bit more honey.
- Serve over greens and any other ingredients you’d like (I offered a few more suggestions in the post). Recipe keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 1 to 2 weeks.
MAKE IT VEGAN: Substitute maple syrup or agave nectar for the honey.